Red Cross Hospital, Brookfield House
The Red Cross Hospital in Brookfield House on Church Road opened its doors to its first patients in November 1914. There were many group photographs in circulation and multiple copies were produced as postcards and sent home to reassure worried families that their loved ones were being well cared for.
The distinctive Oxford blue suit and red tie was standard issue to patients in the 3000+ such hospitals that were hurriedly set up all over the country.
|Medium||Photograph - coloured by Alan Taylor|
|Image Reference||LHC 00026|